As dog owners and lovers, we know how difficult it is to find accommodations you can share with your dog. (We apologize but we cannot accommodate other types of pets).The Beachfront Inn is a dog friendly motel in all of our first floor rooms. However, we do not allow dogs to be left alone in the room, ever.
Here are a few things to consider when vacationing with your dog at the Beachfront Inn.
- Does your dog adapt well to new situations? If not, your trip may quickly escalate into a bad memory.
- Will you be spending the majority of your time at the beach, hiking in the state parks (where dogs are welcome) or eating outside at the restaurants that allow dogs?
- What if it rains? Will you want to sit in your room or do something which would allow your dog to stay comfortably in the car? Please consider the summer heat when planning on the option, even at moderate temperatures your car can become an oven quite quickly.
- Will you be eating take-out meals and bringing them back to the motel if the weather does not allow for outside dining at dog friendly locations?
- Are you planning on shopping, winery tours, theatre events, golfing, boating or other activities where your dog cannot participate? Will you be taking your dog to a day kennel while attending these events?
- Does your dog love being in the sun or does he get winded or overheated easily?
- Your dog’s personality is also important. Animals who bark continuously or are skittish around strangers, both humans and other animals, are not good candidates for traveling.
- Dogs are allowed to run freely on the sand beach and water area. It’s a great place to let them have fun while on vacation. We just need to make sure they are not a nuisance to other guests or are constant barkers while enjoying their play time.
Please read our Dog Waiver prior to making reservations for you and your dog.