As dog owners and lovers, we know how difficult it is to find accommodations you can share with your dog. (We apologize but we cannot accommodate other types of pets).The Beachfront Inn is a dog friendly motel. However, we do not allow dogs to be left alone in the room, ever.
Here are a few things to consider when vacationing with your dog at the Beachfront Inn.
- Does your dog adapt well to new situations? If not, your trip may quickly escalate into a bad memory.
- Will you be spending the majority of your time at the beach, hiking in the state parks (where dogs are welcome) or eating outside at the restaurants that allow dogs?
- What if it rains? Will you want to sit in your room or do something which would allow your dog to stay comfortably in the car? Please consider the summer heat when planning on the option, even at moderate temperatures your car can become an oven quite quickly.
- Will you be eating take-out meals and bringing them back to the motel if the weather does not allow for outside dining at dog friendly locations?
- Are you planning on shopping, winery tours, theatre events, golfing, boating or other activities where your dog cannot participate? Will you be taking your dog to a day kennel while attending these events?
- Does your dog love being in the sun or does he get winded or overheated easily?
- Your dog’s personality is also important. Animals who bark continuously or are skittish around strangers, both humans and other animals, are not good candidates for traveling.
- Dogs are allowed to run freely on the sand beach and water area. It’s a great place to let them have fun while on vacation. We just need to make sure they are not a nuisance to other guests or are constant barkers while enjoying their play time.
DOG FRIENDLY LOCATIONS AROUND DOOR COUNTY
Harbor Fish Market & Grill, Baileys Harbor – Dog friendly outside patio on the Lake Michigan side features a special menu for their canine customers
Cornerstone Pub, Baileys Harbor – Outside dog friendly seating area
AC Tap, Baileys Harbor – a classic Wisconsin tavern and local favorite features a covered dog friendly porch for dining rain or shine. North of Baileys Harbor on Hwy 57.
Gibralter Grill, Fish Creek – Pet friendly outdoor dining. Fresh water and complimentary dog treat.
Mink River Basin, Ellison Bay – Dog friendly outside patio
Mission Grille, Sister Bay – Lunch & Dinner fine dining on their Dog Friendly Patio
Husby’s Garage Bar, Sister Bay – Open air, outside Garage Bar features live music Thurs – Sat, every week
Not Licked Yet, Fish Creek – Burgers, frozen custard and a special “Canine Custard Cone”
Sister Bay Bowl, Alley Bar – Pet friendly outside bar. Lunch and limited dinner menu
Peninsula State Park, Fish Creek – Dogs are welcome on most trails but not permitted in picnic areas or beaches.
Newport State Park, Ellison Bay – Dogs are welcome on most trails but not permitted in picnic areas or beaches but this park does have an area of sandy shoreline that allows dogs.
White Fish Dunes State Park, Sturgeon Bay – This is the most pet friendly State park in Door County allowing dogs on areas of the beach.
Captain Baileys Dog Park, Baileys Harbor – Just completed in the spring of 2016. Located on Summit Road.
Sister Bay Dog Park – Adjacent to the sports complex on Autumn Court this is a 200′x300′ fenced dog park with picnic tables.
Harbor Hounds Dog Park, Egg Harbor – Located in Village View Park, one block east of Highway 42 at the corner of Church Street & Harbor School Road. There is both a large dog and small dog area, 2 acres total of fenced play area.
All county owned parks in Door County allow dogs on leash. Map & Locations.
Attend-A-Pet – Is a professional dog walking and pet sitting service located in northern Door County
Door County Kennels, Inc – Day kennel option while planning other activities. 920-868-3804. 4860 Court Rd, Egg Harbor, WI.
Additional resources for pet friendly establishments in Door County: Pet Friendly Door County